Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Drafting Process

In high school drafting was always a pain in the butt.  You had to do them, but you only got about five points for them, and the teacher didn't even read them.  They would just come around and see if you had papers that looked like an essay on your desk.  That alwasy really annoyed me that they made us do them within a certain frame of time but didn't take any of their time to read them, that was left completely up to us and our peers during peer revision day.  I have no problem with a day like that, it's helpful too, but I like it when I get some legitimate feedback from my teacher. 

But coming to college and this class that changed.  I like that we turn in our drafts before peer revision and get a number to let us know how on the right track we are.  It makes me more inspired to write a good essay the first time around instead of just getting something on paper for the points.

By far my first draft is always the worst.  For me the main goal of my first draft is to just get my ideas out on paper, then after that I can add or take away and polish it up to make it something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment