Friday, September 10, 2010

My Guard, My Girls

This is the first time since probably half way through my senior year I have been able to write about what i want to.  And now that I actually have the chance to..I'm kind of stumped.

So I guess my best option is to write about what I miss the most from home, and that would be my guard.  I got to see my guard girls every single morning, and two to three nights a week.  We got to know each other and formed a very tight bond through the wind and the rain and the injuries.  I spent four years with these girls and they mean the world to me.  We've had epic fails, like my very first winterguard season, and total triumphs, like taking 3rd place at championships my senior year.  I have gotten to watch the little freshman that were too scared to talk to us grow into confident upperclassman who take the floor to show what they have for the spot of captain.

They were always my biggest rock.  No matter what we can tell when something is wrong with anyone else, and you can guarantee you're going to be surrounded by hugs and comfort.  We listen when someone needs to talk, and talk when someone needs advice.  We give out paper plate awards to show off peoples strengths, and have a sleepover to get to know all the new girls.  We always had fun no matter where we were.

No matter where I go in life, or how many more amazing things I get to do, I'm always going to remember my four tremendous years with a truly gifted group of girls.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate. Even though i wasn't a guard girl, I danced and synchronized skated, so I understand how close you get with your team and how you become a family. I miss them as well.

    ReplyDelete