Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Power of Advertising

I think that the advertising can definitely be powerful to people.  Think about how many times you have seen a commercial or an ad and thought "I want that!".  It happens to me all the time.  Especially with makeup, it's something I don't use a lot of but I love to buy it because the commercials make it look so nice. 

Advertisments can have the power to make people want to do a lot of things, from buy food or other products, or getting people to buy their product because it will get them what they want.  And they do a very good job of it, I don't know how many times I've wanted to go shopping somewhere because their advertisements make their clothes appealing and look good. 

Advertisers know how to make things look and what colors or designs to use to make their items appealing to the right kind of audience.  Sometimes it may be deceiving, like cigarette ads that don't put the important information where the reader can see it clearly, but they get points for doing their job well.

They have always done the same thing, which is to get people to buy their products.  I don't see this changing anytime soon, because the goal is always going to be the same no matter how much time goes by.  So we just have to keep using our heads to determine whether it's really a good product or if we're being tricked.

No comments:

Post a Comment